About The Firm
You will not find marble floors, walnut paneling or crystal at Scott’s office.
If you are looking for a corporate atmosphere and expensive furnishings, then ours is not for you. At Scott Schroeder Law Firm you walk into a comfortable and professional space. His clients find that the services are equal in quality to those of a large law firm based upon Scott’s years of practice and the wisdom that he has gained.
Scott is committed to your case and has a genuine concern for his clients. He is known for his compassionate understanding and cooperative approach, with the skill to litigate aggressively when it is in the client’s best interests. His mission is simple: to give his client a fair fighting chance, especially for the underdogs and taken advantage of.
Why should you hire a solo attorney?
In the past, large law firms were necessary for the attorneys to share the large book libraries as a shared resource. It was cost effective for the partners to share the library and large staff necessary to run the law firm back then. It would take several lawyers to litigate a case. That old law firm model is dead.
Now, I can access and use the same large law library via the internet on my iPAD! I utilize technology to handle my practice with fewer staff that used to take large pools of typists for document assembly. The playing field is leveled, yet the clients have not reaped the benefits of cost-effective legal services.
Scott L. Schroeder
Office Manager and Legal Assistant
Kyla has been the law firm Office Manager and Legal Assistant since 2008. Kyla is QuickBooks certified and trained in Time Matters and Billing Matters. Kyla earned her Associate Degree in Legal Administration from Blackhawk Technical College. Kyla was born and raised in Janesville.
Receptionist and Legal Assistant
- Blackhawk Curling Club
- Boy Scouts of America
- Janesville Craig Soccer Club
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Supporter
- Eastside Basketball Boosters Club – Club member and sponsor of 3 on 3 tourney
- Faith Lutheran Church – Member and Parliamentarian
- Four Aces Poker Club
- Janesville Bulldogs and Janesville Rebels – Traveling Girls Basketball Coach
- Jefferson County Cancer Coalition – Sponsor and pro-bono attorney
- Marquette University – Middleman Scholarship Donor
- Muscular Dystrophy – Donor
- Orfordville Orioles – Adult basketball team Sponsor
- Rock, Run & Roll Triathlon – Swimming Sponsor
- Rock Soccer –Sponsor of Rock Soccer group and Rock Clash Soccer Tournament
- Rock County Cancer Coalition – Sponsor and pro-bono attorney
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church – Donor
- Westgate Block Party – 2012, 2013 Sponsor
- YMCA – sponsor, support of sports teams